So here's what you need:
1. A paper mache letter from a craft store (I got mine from JoAnn's).
2. 2 strands of garland
3. Your choice of other floral embellishment (I chose cranberries)
4. A staple gun.
How to make it:
1. Start at the bottom of the letter and staple the end of the garland to the letter. You may have to try this a few times, since paper mache is, well, just paper.
2. Begin wrapping the garland around the letter. Every few inches, add another staple to make sure it all holds. While wrapping the garland, "floof" out the garland to make sure it's covering the paper mache.
3. Once the letter is totally wrapped with garland, begin pulling apart the floral embellishment into smaller sections.
4. Slide the floral stems under the wrapped garland wherever you think they look good. They should stay, but you can staple these into the paper mache if you would like.
5. Here is your final product!
All in all, this was a simple and fun project. I'm so excited to hang my garland-wrapped letter on my door for Christmas this year!
Stay tuned for the next project: Simple DIY wrap!