The directions say that you will need:
1. A strip of jersey knit fabric from an old t-shirt the length of the diameter of your head minus 2 inches
2. Another strip of the t-shirt, like the bottom seam
3. Hot glue gun
4. Needle and thread
Here's what I say:
Keep numbers 2-5. Instead of measuring the diameter of your head and subtracting two inches, just use the opening of the sleeve!
Anyway, here's how to do it:
1. Cut the seam off of one sleeve of the t-shirt. Then cut a 1 1/2 to 2 inch strip from the sleeve. There's your headband!
2. Cut the bottom seam of the shirt in half. Twist the seam very tightly, until it will braid itself when folded in half. I know it sounds neanderthal-like, but the easiest way to do this is with your teeth...
3. Hot glue the two ends together so the twist does not come out.
4 Once the hot glue has dried, begin rolling the twist, applying a small amount of hot glue every few centimeters. Here is your decorative flower!
5. Once the hot glue has dried, sew the flower onto the seam of the headband. Since I only know how to sew on buttons, Mer did this step... :)
And, voila, you have a precious t-shirt scrap headband!
You can add smaller flowers to your headband, add buttons to your flowers, or any other adorable ideas you can think of! We added buttons, because they're cute. :)
Next up, bird's nest necklaces!