Saturday, November 19, 2011

Project 4: Simple DIY Wrap!

I adore those loose-fitting jersey knit wraps.  So, when I saw this project on Pinterest, I just HAD to try it out!  Check out the original post here at Behind the Seams.

Here are the materials it said you will need:
1. 60 inches of your choice of fabric (I chose a brown jersey knit)
2. Scissors
3. Measuring tape / Yardstick

Here's what to do:

1. Hold the fabric horizontally.  Fold it in half.



2.  Measure 6 inches down from the top and 6 inches in from the fold.  *Note: I decided to change this to 8 inches each, just in case the holes were too close together.



3. Cut an 8-inch vertical slit in the fabric.



4.  When you open the fabric, you will have two arm holes.



Well, apparently I'm Oompa Loopma sized, because when I tried on my DIY wrap it dragged the ground.  I looked like a Jedi!  So I cut half of the length off the bottom.  So much better...



Plus, with the leftover fabric, I can tie a knot in the ends and wear it as an infinity scarf!  Win-win!


Again, very fun and simple project to do with friends!  Next project, three t-shirt scarves!

See ya! Amy

No comments:

Post a Comment