Sunday, November 27, 2011

Project 9: Shabby-Chic Framed Sticks

If you know me, you know that I adore plants.  Trees, shrubs, flowers, big, small, anything!  So when I found these framed sticks on Pinterest, I knew I had to do this!  Check out the inspiration here at Cleverly Inspired!





Here's what you need:

1. A picture frame (We got ours at Goodwill for dirt-cheap!)
2. Sticks (Willow branches were 50% off at Hobby Lobby)
3. Spray paint - if you want to paint your sticks or frame
4. Hot glue gun






Here's what you do:

1. Spray paint your sticks or frame if you would like.  Meredith wanted her frame and sticks to be all black.  I found a pretty green frame that looked great with the natural colored sticks, so I didn't paint mine.

2. Turn your frame over on the ground.  Lay your sticks out on the frame the way you like it.  Trim the sticks to the right size.




3.  Hot glue the sticks at the top and the bottom of the frame.


4.  When the hot glue is dry, turn the frame back over and, SHAZAM!  You're done!


Now I just need to figure out where to put this in my house! :)

What next?

No comments:

Post a Comment